Passport Processing Hours are: BY APPOINTMENT ONLY **NO EXCEPTIONS** Please call 360-458-3242 to make an appointment. We apologize for any inconvenience. Court related business is a priority so please expect delays. Please call 360-458-3242 for more information.
You will need the following documents:
- Completed application form DS-11
- 2 identical passport photos – size 2”x 2” (No glasses)
- A picture ID in the form of a valid drivers license, current school, work or military ID
- A State Certified copy of Birth Certificate (not hospital birth certificates) OR Original Naturalization or Citizenship Certificates OR A current or expired US Passport
For Current passport fees, please visit https://travel.state.gov . The execution fee of $35.00 may be paid in cash, check or credit card to the Yelm Municipal Court. The passport fee must be paid by check or money order to the U.S. Department of State. DO NOT COMBINE BOTH FEES ON SAME CHECK.
Expedited services are available for an additional cost.
Mail delays are an impacting factor when passport applications are received for processing. The processing time begins on the day the state receives the application, not the day they are mailed in.
Currently, routine service can take up to 11 weeks from the day an application is submitted to the day a new passport is received.
Expedite service (for an additional $60) can take up to 7 weeks from the day an application is submitted to the day a new passport is received. Mail times vary across the country. Plan ahead and apply early.
If you intend to travel within two weeks, you will need to go to Seattle for your passport with your paperwork as well as proof of travel. The Seattle Passport Agency will not process your passport without an appointment. For an appointment and directions, please call 1-877-487-2778.
- You may renew your passport for a total fee of $130 with Form DS-82 if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You can submit your most recent passport
- Your previous passport was issued on or after your 16th birthday
- Your most recent passport was issued less than 15 years ago
- You use the same name as on your most recent passport, OR have had name changed by marriage or court order and can submit proper documentation to reflect name changes.
Acceptance agents receive applications from the public and review them to ensure all necessary information and citizenship evidence is included. They administer the required oath and witness the applicants’ signatures, then forward the applications to the Passport Services Agency (US Dept. of State) for issuance. Acceptance facilities also provide the public with general information on passport procedures and serve as a liaison between applicants and Passport Services Agencies. The actual decision to issue or deny a passport is made only by a Passport Services Agency (US Department of State), and not the City of Yelm.
As of February 1, 2008 the passport Two-Parent Consent Law (Public Law 106-113, Section 236) will be modified to encompass all children under the age of 16. This means that as of that day all passport agents nationwide will require the consent of both parents from children under the age of 16. Therefore, all passport applications for minors’ ages 0-15 will require the consent from both parents before the passport can be issued.
To check the status of a passport that is being processed, you may call toll free at 1-877-487-2778 or 1-888-874-7792 for TDD/TTY service.