Administrative & Financial Services
Yelm City Hall Payment Counter hours - 9 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday - Friday, (except holidays)

Welcome to the Administrative and Financial Services Department located in the City Clerk’s office at Yelm City Hall. Our staff provides a variety of services in support of the Yelm City Departments and Yelm residents. How can we assist you today? 

The City Clerk is the custodian of official records and legal documents of the City and provides support to the City Council in the legislative process, manages and maintains municipal records, including: ordinances, resolutions and the permanent record of City Council proceedings, publishes legal notices, prepares and distributes City Council agenda packets, and accepts claims for damages and requests for public information. 

Administrative Services provide a strong customer service relationship between government and the public, and is the general information desk for City business. 

The Financial Services Division provides the City with a full range of financial and accounting services and is responsible for the accounting of fiscal activities of the City. 

Customer Service. We can help with general information or direction on how to get the information you need. 

Utility Service. New to the City of Yelm or moving to a new address? The City of Yelm provides quality water, sewer and stormwater service to residents inside the city limits of Yelm and some outside the city limits attached to the service line. Call, go on-line for a utility application or visit our offices at City Hall to set up these services. 

Water, Sewer and Stormwater Rates 

Business License and Business and Occupation Tax. We welcome your business. Whether your business is located in the City of Yelm, or you are coming into the City to do business, you must first obtain a City of Yelm Business License. Operating a business in your home, going door to door or you are a driver for hire? Inquire about obtaining a Home Occupation Permit, Solicitor Permit or Driver for Hire License. The City of Yelm collects a Business and Occupation tax from all businesses not specifically exempt. 

City Council Legislative. Yelm Municipal Code, Meeting Minutes, Interlocal Agreements, Public Notices

Legal and Public Records Requests. The Clerk’s office accepts claims for damages and  Public Records Requests. Please contact the City Clerk for damage claims. 

Election Information. Where do I go to Vote? Getting Into Office

Other Agency Service Information. We are a pick-up and drop off site for Thurston County Health Department water testing bottles. 

Applications and Permits. Need a form? Please see Document Library to find just what you are looking for. 

Notary Services - Notary services are offered at Yelm City Hall.  The fee is $10 per signature.  Please call 360-458-3244 for more information.

Standard Tort Claim Form –please contact City Clerk 
Park Use Request Form





Check out our helpful calendar for community events, parades and meetings



Document Library


Official and Public Notices





Press Releases, links to social media, and City updates



How do I...?


Find the answer to your questions